Monday, April 02, 2007

Supporting The Second Amendment

I have been blessed in this life.

My wife understands the need and encourages my preparedness to defend our family.

My stepdaughters understand that freedom is not free. They know intuitively that as part of the fair gender as depicted by Victorian societal norms they are at risk of victimization by those stronger than they are. To offset this they arm themselves with effective tools to even the playing field. The tools as selected are firearms.

Whether that be 9mm Glock pistols or .38 S&W special revolvers, they have the ability to say NO and make it stick.

I proudly note that they also take their friends shooting.

Whether this is the Remington 870 Express I bought for my youngest stepdaughter when she moved out or her S&W model 10 revolver when she turned 21 years of age, they have taken their friends out and introduced them to firearms.

By their example and their evangelical belief in self defense they introduce those in their social circle to the concepts of self defense and demystification of the use of arms.

This is an example that all should follow.

Do not be afraid to introduce those who have never been out shooting to the use of arms. Invite them to a range day. Supply ammunition, safety instruction and patient guidance to those that have no familial culture of self protection and use of arms. Create advocates who will also spread th word of the inalienable Human Right to Self Defense.

2 comments:

Jay G said...

Y'know, I swear I heard "The Battle Hymn of the Republic" playing softly in the background as I read this post.

Brought a tear to my eye, it did.

Mighty fine post. A-freakin'-men.

roninaz said...

Thank you kind sir.