Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Failures of Prohibition

LawDog has a post up regarding the futility of prohibitions, whether those be regarding firearms, alcohol or recreational pharmaceuticals.

If nothing else, history has taught us that simply banning an item gives it cache. Whether that is alcohol, drugs or guns. Every item banned will be available on the black market. In many cases the price will even be lower on the black market than it was when the item was legal.

I am against the so called War On Drugs. Do I take these "recreational pharmaceuticals"? Hell no. I have never even smoked marijuana let alone touched cocaine, crystal meth amphetamine, hashish, etc. If it were legal would I touch any of them? Again hell no.

Do I think the United States of America is safer with any of these items ban, again, hell no.

Go read the whole thing.

1 comment:

A.M.A said...

If your interested in Mobile Phones/Apple iPods, then check out .. http://www.xpango.com?ref=90443628