Friday, October 13, 2006

Washing Away The Week

Its Friday and time for a little relaxation.

This week has been a bit funkadelic.

Working a normal workday and then coordinating efforts at night for hours length conference calls in the night time.

I ended the last of them an hour ago.

I can now have that beer to wash things away.

I must say I was pleasantly surprised by the presence of Reaper Ale's Sleighor Double IPA at my local wine, liquor and beer purveyor.


A very smooth effort at IPA missing some of the barbaric intensity of Hopping that I normally prefer, however extraordinary in execution of its target taste.

A very pleasant way to ease the week's drain upon my emotional reserves.

On a lighter note I also partook of New Belgium Brewing's Blue Paddle Ale. A beer I had purchased at Costco at a great price (or so I thought at the time) of $20 a case.

Rather than tasting like a Czech pilsner this beer tasted like a pale imitaton of the craft brewer's art as if imitating a mass produced beer like Bud Lite was a goal to be achieved rather than unenviable fate to be avoided.

Update:

Today's tobacco accompaniement was the ever satisfying La Gloria Cubana Series R #6 Maduro.

No comments: