Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Feminine Protection

I always encourage women to take the steps necessary to protect themselves and their families.

When my youngest stepdaughter moved out I purchased a shotgun, a Remington 870 Express, for her personal defense along with a flashlight and a couple of bottles of pepper spray.

Now that the young lady is about to turn 21 she informed me what she wanted for her birthday was a handgun.

After doing some searching I found an excellent first handgun for her defensive needs; a Smith & Wesson Model 10 (slim countour) with a 4" barrell.

Once she is more familiar with handguns her preference may be for a semi-automatic weapon like the Glock 19.

But for now this weapon will be adequate to insure her safety.

I pray fervently that this weapon need never be used outside of the range.

But I will rest easier knowing she has a Mr. Unfriendly there to back up her resistance to becoming a victim.

Related Posts:
The Feminine Art of Self Defense
Happy Parental Moments
Rape In Sweden Up 30%

2 comments:

DirtCrashr said...

That's an excellent choice and what we have, but a few years later with a bull-barrel. However my wife remained unimpressed with it at her gun-safety class, choosing a .357 magnum instead! Sheesh, chicks!

roninaz said...

I had looked at the heavier barrell one myself, but my stepdaughter is a very petite thing so I went with minimum weight.

I would not be surprised if she purchased herself a more powerful handgun in the future.