Sunday, January 08, 2006

Purchases For The New Year

Last year I purchased no firearms.

Yes I am properly chagrined and know that I may be drummed out of the unofficial and unacknowledged grand lodge of gun nuttery.

This year I have several purchases on my mind.

To name the tops on my want list:

1) A .45acp pistol like the Sig P220 or A Springfield Armory Loaded .45.



2) His and Her AK's. I do not know whether to go with 5.45x39mm or 7.62x39mm at this point, however they will be folders. My wife has wanted one of these since seeing Carmella Soprano on HBO's mob series The Sopranos use one in the first seasono.



3) A Glock pistol although I have not decided on caliber as yet, the front runners being .40S&W and .357Sig. I have been impressed with the simplicity and easy pointability of the Glocks since firing my brothers Glock 19 several years ago.

4) A good or better condition used Remington 870 or Winchester Defender shotgun that will be able to pull double duty as field gun and home defense riot gun.


Lower priority wants on my 2006 firearms wish list:
5) Galil or Valmet or far more likely Galil/Valmet clone in 5.56x45mm.

6) An M4gery. One of the most numerous weapons in the world the M16 clone is a must for every firearms owner.

7) A decent pocket pistol in .32acp like the Keltec P32.

Looks like I will have to get around to making some improvements here and putting up a tip jar and some advertisements. Perhaps this will assist in funding my purchases.

1 comment:

Josh said...

Looks like you've got your work cut out for you! I'm sure you won't mind it though...