Sunday, January 29, 2006

I'll Bite Your Leg Off!

Someone inquired with me recently on what my opinion was of Osama Bin Laden's recent video where references were made to a truce.

My response was the equivalent of the following:

1) Those winning a conflict do not ask for or mention a truce. Only those on the verge of total collapse find a truce appealing.

2) You never, ever surrender operational momentum when you have the upper hand.

3) When someone asks for truce you push harder, stepping up the operational tempo.

This cartoon captures the essence of of Bin Laden's position.

Just for the record I think Osama's dead as Che Guevara.

Osama is going to be the Elvis of the Middle East with sightings of him becoming more and more common through the remainder of the century.


No comments: