Wednesday, October 19, 2005

The Wonders of the Czech Republic

I have a soft spot for those courageous people in the world who in their yearning for freedom and resistance to tyranny have thrown off the yoke of totalitarian governments.

When the Czech and Slovak Republics threw off the yoke of communism in 1989 with their Velvet Revolution. I began doing what I could to support freedom in that country.

I began by buying the products of their country.

The first of which was a wonderful Pilsner beer, first of its type from the town of Pilsen in the Czech Republic.

Since initially ordering this beer in 1989 at a wonderful outdoor Bistro called Emile's I have had the pleasure of enjoying it many times of these sixteen years.

It is especially enjoyable fresh from the tap.

Since that time I have enjoyed many fine beers from the Czech Republic

The second outstanding product of the Czech Republic I purchased was a firearm; the outstanding, most copied design in the world, the CZ-75.

Having had a copy previously the EAA Witness, a fine pistol in its own right, which after running out of ammo would make an excellent hammer, I knew I had to have the original.

So I purchased a CZ-75b, the "b" designation denotes it being made for a Turkish military contract initially, however either a cancellation or overrun made many of these available to the public.


An outstanding design of either double or single action, including Colt .45 like "Cocked and Locked" ability, the CZ-75 design is as reliable as it is handsome.

I am happy that I have had the opportunity to put food on the table and clothes on the backs of freedom loving families halfway across the world.

When considering that next purchase and you have a choice between a product made in a totalitarian state which has a history of crushing freedom or a product made in a country which has thrown off the shackles of despots I ask that you support freedom with one of the most powerful incentives you can bring to bear: Cold, hard cash.

2 comments:

Cutter said...

Actually the “B” indicates a slightly re-designed firing pin safety, a different hammer and a squared trigger guard.

Speaking of CZ75’s and Pilsner Urquel, check out this pic I took a while ago. (There’s a Norwegian sub-theme to the picture as well, but that’s another story).

roninaz said...

Great point on the safety enhancements to the CZ75 in the "b" model.

The CZ-75b also has a longer backstrap than the previous incarnation to prevent hammer bite.